EURO AD WEDNESDAY!

Being a student of advertising, and an admirer of all things European, I am proud to unveil a regular feature here at SwipeFile: EUROchic Wednesday. This will feature advertising, artists, coolhunting and trends from across the pond.

Advertising has many facets that I love, BUT my heart lies in branding. One thing I think that many European markets do extremely well is creating a brand story. If you look at the ads I posted previously on SwipeFile for Miss Dior as well as some those below, they evoke a strong sense of aspiration. When I watch, I want to be where they are, doing what they are doing.

Here is re-post of Miss Dior Cherie by Dior and directed by Sofia Coppola!

I want to be this woman! How iconic of French culture is this video? Sofia Coppola is a goddess.

Calvin Klein Eternity featuring Christy Turlington



Calvin Klein ads are what made me want to get into advertising. Amazing, even ten years after they were produced! I have chills!



Chanel No. 5 featuring Audrey Tatou


Audrey Tatou is perfect. I love her movies(with the exception of the Da Vinci Code, what was that, Audrey?) She is perfect for Chanel No.5.






Chanel No 5 featuring Nicole Kidman

I almost skipped over this but once I realized that Baz Lurmahn had his hand on it, I decided I had to include it.




PArsienne by Yves Saint Laurent featuring Kate Moss

Seriously? Could be the most beautiful person alive.


0 comments:

top